Are you an experienced locksmith technician? Looking for a career change? Contact us today to hear about our open positions.
Join The Team
Pros on Call is a family-owned company operating out of Austin, TX. Our company has been maintaining the vehicle, commercial, and household locksets and security systems in the region for years and we are always on the lookout for knowledgeable technicians to join us.
FULL-SERVICE LOCKSMITH (Full-Time Position)
If you’re presently a knowledgeable locksmith or want to become one, and are interested in full-time employment with one of the area’s best companies, we are interested in meeting you! Our company has a fantastic standing among the local businesses, drivers, and property owners. Although not required, preference will be given to those willing to relocate, as we provide services throughout Texas as well as many other regions of the country.
As a full-service provider, you’re going to be accountable for scheduled and emergency jobs in the immediate area and nearby regions regarding re-keying, installing, repairing, and replacing household locks, commercial locks and security systems, and automotive locks. Additionally, you will reply to inquiries for duplication of car keys and all different types of lockout situations. Other calls include requests to program transponder keys and cutting of new laser cut car keys. Due to the fact that this is a full-time job, you’ll be expected to be on call for several hours.
Besides the skill sets already stated, you need to be educated and familiar with:
- taking apart a lock and putting it back together
- making spare keys with key cutting equipment
- replacing locks
- ignition repair and replacement
- repairing and putting in high-tech locks such as keyless entry systems, biometric locks, and electronic deadbolts
- unlocking car doors and trunks
- lock rekey
- setting up commercial security systems such as master key systems and video surveillance using the needed equipment and tools
- household, commercial, and automotive lock work
We are able to provide training for applicants who are focused and able to learn! People who pass our training program can subsequently enter all areas of service that we offer, and have the chance to start a lucrative and satisfying vocation!
Standard Conditions at Work
- ability to work in tense environments and maintain your calm
- ability to lift heavy objects
- working in all weather conditions, rain or shine, ice or snow
- being on-call 24 hours a day, 6 days a week to travel in and around the area
- heavy-duty uniforms supplied
If you are certain that you are able to complete all of the tasks mentioned above, be sure you hold the subsequent skills too before applying:
- high school diploma or GED
- US citizen, Green Card holder, or valid work visa
- 5+ years experience as a locksmith is preferred, but not required
- dependable car or van out of which to work
- terrific communication skills (this means being well-mannered and courteous)
- valid Texas driver’s license with a clean driving record
Compensation is commission based, according to working experience and salesmanship.
Possibilities for promotions are readily available.
If you think that you satisfy every one of these prerequisites, then we hope to hear from you! Remember to submit your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at (512) 777-0021.
* Pros on Call is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, religion, color, race, gender, or age.
** Proficient applicants are required to go through a police record check and drug tests before being employed by Pros on Call.